I picked up some new plane infills recently and removed some of the wax to begin the drying process. I began with a card scraper to take the bulk of the wax off. Then I switched over to a plane to get the wax that had soaked into the wood. I started out using my best Stanley #4 on this piece of curly satinwood. As I expected, the grain tore out on each and every curl. I switched over to my #6 infill smoother and the difference was like night and day. Using that infill on the heavily figured wood was a dream! I quickly had a pile of fluffy, see-through shavings and the tear out on the surface was gone. This satinwood billet will make a beautiful plane!